Has anyone added an aftermarket Remote locks system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd really like to have a Keyless Entry system on my 98 XLT. Can anyone recommend a kit?

4 doors and hatch.

I guess the number od doors doesn't really matter. It has power locks, so just something to trigger that by remote.

cardude427

Reaction score
You can go to Ford and they can program a new stock key fob for you, although it can cost a couple hundred bucks you dont have to worry about compatibility.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think mine came with Factory Keyless. How would I know for sure?

cardude427

Reaction score
I believe that keyless entry is standard on all '99 Expeditions, so all your missing is the key fob which the you can get from Ford and they'll program it but I think it cost a bit of money.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, if it did come with keyless, it would probably be cheaper to buy a fob off of Ebay, and just have them program it in. They're decently cheap online.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is a 98. I posted in the NAME CHANGE thread section to have my user name changed, but it hasn't happened yet.

Being a Police vehicle, I don;t know if anything STANDARD applies.

Where is the Factory Keyless Entry control box if it does have one? I'll just open her up and look.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought 3 remotes from ebay. They came today and work great.

The drivers side rear door lock doesn't seem to move up quite enough to unlock it. I guess I'll have to open her up and see whats going on.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an aftermarket alarm system after the factory alarm failed when my truck was broken into. Its the autopage system which you can program any which way you see fit.. i.e open liftgate, put all windows down/up, remote start etc... options are endless..

Last edited: