Has anyone done...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAR5oh

Reaction score
Has anyone done a safari/adventure style rack or basket on the roof rack on a 3rd gen Expy? I have a 2010 and I wanna do something. Free up some room in the back when I'm transporting the 5th scale RC cars to races by putting them on top of the Expy. Also, it looks really cool!

Also wanna know if anyone has done an aftermarket rear or front bumper of any kind on the 3rd gen. I'd love to do a rear bumper with a swing out or drop down full size spare. Maybe hold a hi-lift jack, etc.

What about Raptor tires n wheels. Anyone done that yet?

If you have any recommendations on a good snowboard and ski rack setup, I'm all ears n eyes. I'd like to be able to carry 3 to 4 sets of skis AND 3 to 4 snowboards up top or on the back. What's the use in all that seating if I can't take all my buddies with me????

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
Trailready does a solid metal bumper with winch mount etc. for 3rd gen expeditions. Have been looking at grabbing a front myself.. though quite expensive compared to ones for older gens or other trucks in general. Probably due to the lack of demand for it. I'm sure they would do a metal rear as well, I'm sure there a couple of options out there for a swing out, though I haven't seen one on a 3rd gen expy myself.

Chad from Trailready told me to contact cap-it dealers if I was interested in grabbing one.

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone done a safari/adventure style rack or basket on the roof rack on a 3rd gen Expy? I have a 2010 and I wanna do something. Free up some room in the back when I'm transporting the 5th scale RC cars to races by putting them on top of the Expy. Also, it looks really cool!

Also wanna know if anyone has done an aftermarket rear or front bumper of any kind on the 3rd gen. I'd love to do a rear bumper with a swing out or drop down full size spare. Maybe hold a hi-lift jack, etc.

What about Raptor tires n wheels. Anyone done that yet?

If you have any recommendations on a good snowboard and ski rack setup, I'm all ears n eyes. I'd like to be able to carry 3 to 4 sets of skis AND 3 to 4 snowboards up top or on the back. What's the use in all that seating if I can't take all my buddies with me????

Sounds awesome!! Care to share some pictures of the RC cars? My bro and I are into those...mostly helicopters though.

I am selling a set a brand new set of Yakima Fatcat 4 snowboard racks that will mount to factory crossbars or yakima crossbars. Message me for pics or information if you are interested. Bought them through a private sale with intent to use but ended up installing a rack system on my F150 (since its 4x4) and have no use for these. Retail around $220 im looking for $150 plus shipping...never been installed still in original packaging with all hardware and lock cores included.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it has been done...I couldn't lead u to any links in the forum...sorry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry