Has anyone pulled out a tree stump with thier expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
That hitch can pull at least 10k lbs at highway speeds, probably more like 15k, seeing how it's rated for 9k and that kind of thing is conservative
Yes but that's 10k pounds towards the center of the earth not pulling rearward on the hitch. And what will be the force on the hitch if Expy is going 5mph when the chain becomes taut and stops the Expy dead in its tracks?

Geez might even be hard on the drivetrain ... Maybe even damage the rear differential

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes but that's 10k pounds towards the center of the earth not pulling rearward on the hitch. And what will be the force on the hitch if Expy is going 5mph when the chain becomes taut and stops the Expy dead in its tracks?

Geez might even be hard on the drivetrain ... Maybe even damage the rear differential

How?

It'll just spin its wheels if it doesn't pull it out.

The hitch is part of the frame

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Its a truck. It'll be okay. Now the monkey operating it...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
There's an old expression about using the right tool for the job. A screwdriver isn't a chisel, your fist isn't a hammer, etc

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You did not mention what sort of tree. Makeas a substantial difference.
But my suggestion to you is just rent a stump grinder for the day.
I have pulled a bunch of shrubs knowing they have pretty small root balls.
But Pines and oaks I certainly would not try as they tend to have pretty deep root systems. Silver maples and the like have super shallow roots but dependent upon age main roots can be 20-30’ out.
Last tree I took down had about a 2’ stump it cost $75 for the tree company to grind it up for me (no mulch removal). It cost $150 to rent a grinder for a day I only had one tree so paid the $75.

Plati

Reaction score
Dynamite
Couple sticks

... That's originally how I got my name