Hawk Superduty or Hawk HPS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrrairai

Reaction score
I'm looking to get new brakes for the Expo. I've narrowed it down to either Hawk Superduty or the HPS. I have 24" rims on my Expo and I plan on adding new rotors and it seems that most people pair the Hawk pads with the Brembo rotors. If yall could give me some help let me know which pads I should go for. Thanks.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run the HPS on my stang and I can tell you that they are pretty rough on the rotors and do make dust. I really like the bendix ceramics I put on my expedition. No dust!

Matt R

jjgi5150

Reaction score
Hi Mrrairai,

I just went through the brake rotor change issue..the wife's '04 4x4 had about 25K on the odometer, with very easy driving from both of us. We needed to replace the fronts for sure, and for the relatively low cost, and the issues with removing the rotors, I just went ahead and replaced the rear rotors also ( after every trick in the book, and from web site tips, I still had to destroy the front rotors to get them off).

I did a ton of research on the web and at some local shops, and after all that, I decided to go with the NAPA premium rotors, front and rear, and the NAPA premium Ceramic pads.

All I can say about this setup is that I can feel absloutely NO loss of braking power with the ceramics, and it is absolutely amazing how long the 22" chromes stay clean. The stock "filth pads" would dirty up the wheels after two laps around the block. The new ceramics stay clean for weeks.

Good Luck...

JJ

JohnHammer

Reaction score
Remember, all brake pads are a compromise. Performance pads like a Hawk HPS will dust more, but the return is that you get better brake performance.

That brake "dust" is the brake pad working!

PS: same goes for pads that are hard on rotors; you should see what a set of Hawk Blues will do to a rotor on my racecar!

Last edited: