Heads up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh that sucks! Hard to believe after seeing all the hate for those wheels on this forum lol I thought I was the only fan but it seems someone likes them enough to steal them. So when you buy wheel locks aren’t there just a few different lock patterns? Seeing this has convinced me I should put some on my truck.

Ok, wheel locks purchased! $45 well spent. Fits Ford and Lincoln. Peace of mind! Haven’t had time to install, maybe tomorrow. Mad Max has been a garage Queen this week, had to get the F-150’s in for service.

While speaking with Service (at Lincoln) there are claims that Home Link doesn’t perform as well. I have to disagree, has anyone had any issues?
1525848C-42CA-470E-B70C-7FF24236C172.jpeg

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, wheel locks purchased! $45 well spent. Fits Ford and Lincoln. Peace of mind! Haven’t had time to install, maybe tomorrow. Mad Max has been a garage Queen this week, had to get the F-150’s in for service.

While speaking with Service (at Lincoln) there are claims that Home Link doesn’t perform as well. I have to disagree, has anyone had any issues?
View attachment 23648
Homelink on my Navigator was super simple to program for all my garage doors, no issues for me.
As for the wheel locks, how unique is the key for that? Can I go buy the same wheel locks and my key fit your locks?

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Homelink on my Navigator was super simple to program for all my garage doors, no issues for me.
As for the wheel locks, how unique is the key for that? Can I go buy the same wheel locks and my key fit your locks?

Yes

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are about 40 different wheel locks so while a thief could carry around a bag with every one and try them all until he found one that matched, most won’t and that’s why they work fairly well as a deterrent.

chart75

Reaction score
There are about 40 different wheel locks so while a thief could carry around a bag with every one and try them all until he found one that matched, most won’t and that’s why they work fairly well as a deterrent.

It will slow a thief down by about 30 seconds per wheel but it won't stop them. All you need is a 12 point 19mm socket and a hammer. Hammer the socket on and then unscrew it with a breaker bar.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm calling bull$h!t on that video. I've had to drill enough wheel locks out on various makes and models over the years as a result of not being able to do that with specialized wheel lock removal tools so while there are some will come off rather easily with those tools, you're not pounding a regular 12-point socket over a chromed cylinder (or zinc-plated for that matter) and generating the required profiles needed on the wheel lock to apply enough torque to break it loose without it stripping or the socket splitting.

chart75

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm calling bull$h!t on that video. I've had to drill enough wheel locks out on various makes and models over the years as a result of not being able to do that with specialized wheel lock removal tools so while there are some will come off rather easily with those tools, you're not pounding a regular 12-point socket over a chromed cylinder (or zinc-plated for that matter) and generating the required profiles needed on the wheel lock to apply enough torque to break it loose without it stripping or the socket splitting.

It's not the only video or tutorial out there on removing wheel locks without the key. Just google it, or go to your local Discount Tire or other tire store and ask them how they remove wheel locks without a key. I had a lock go bad and my Discount treated it like no big deal.