Heads up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
12E6D16A-C81B-4063-9C14-1B5FBD9ED1D0.png 2FED85A8-CC65-4559-BC6A-A6746FC0EE91.png 40F93844-E65F-4969-B673-7C5A52B16E01.png i had seen on a social media site, where a 2018 Navigator had the wheels/tires stolen off the Navigator. The dealer had performed a PDI, and the new owner hadn’t taken delivery. Overnight the wheels were stolen. I suspect it was an inside job, however it prompted me to buy wheel locks to protect/ delay my wheels from being stolen....hopefully. I believe this was in New York, but not sure. (Not relevant).

Due to my car accident/incident I can say that there are a lot of delays/ back ordered parts. So just a forewarning- I hope this doesn’t happen to any of our members...

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh that sucks, first time I saw these new wheels I said to myself a lot will be stolen. If you own a gator lock em’ up ;)

I’d say your on to something with the inside job, someone has to have some balls to go up on a dealer lot where who knows where they have cameras and steal those.

Last edited:

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Maybe the dealer took them off so they could put winter air in them and just hasn’t put them back on

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh that sucks! Hard to believe after seeing all the hate for those wheels on this forum lol I thought I was the only fan but it seems someone likes them enough to steal them. So when you buy wheel locks aren’t there just a few different lock patterns? Seeing this has convinced me I should put some on my truck.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh that sucks! Hard to believe after seeing all the hate for those wheels on this forum lol I thought I was the only fan but it seems someone likes them enough to steal them. So when you buy wheel locks aren’t there just a few different lock patterns? Seeing this has convinced me I should put some on my truck.

I will find out later today. I ordered some, they arrived at the dealership yesterday. I will talk to the Parts Manager and inquire about the patterns. It is just repulsive that anyone would steal wheels, but I know it happens with badging, wheels and whatever else people deem fitting.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Oh man I love that wheel. After pretty exhaustively looking at aftermarket options, I think I am going to buy the reserve wheels for the expedition! I haven't found anything I like as much. If someone can put the ford logo where the Lincoln one is this is probably what I’ll do. I am not a huge fan of the polished wheels on the platinum.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This happened to me and my wife...story time lol:

I was looking to buy a used expedition and took one home. While this was happening, my wifes chevy cruz went i to the shop for a esp issue. They gave us a rental, a fully loaded silverado ltz. This wasnt the first time her carwas in the shop and not the first time we got a silverado to romp around in. We see enough tahoes to know which wheel was on their lol. Welp, 2 days later, woke up to a bad morning(our dog pooped all over the floor) and i was running late. Walked outside and saw not my silverado sitting on cinders(on one side). I was shocked. Me and wife eventually went to the dealer and the service lady said "wow yea this happens all the time" im not a bettin man but...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have 17” wheels like me nobody wants them so your safe:D. I almost bought the wine bottle 20” ones a while back and then said “why am I going to spend 2 grand on rims”. There went that idea.

690FD817-ABD8-463C-906A-C43003F94907.jpeg
D3FAB8E4-5A7B-428E-A798-A2C8989BDAF6.jpeg

Last edited: