heated/cooled front seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

anybody have the airconditioned/heated front seats.....the dealer didn't have any available with this option when we bought ours...we've had ours since may 02 and in south TX the leather seats get REAL hot

I wondering if these things really work. I know heated seats work well in the winter (we had them on our past suv--pathfinder) But in S. Texas it's only cold here about 3 weeks out of the year...

anybody???

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...Let be the first to tell you...these bad boys work great!!! The A/C seats actually gets a little too cool. They go on for about 10 minutes then automatically shutoff.

I tell you the whole dual zone A/C package is GREAT. The wife likes the heat for her back and sets her side A/C fan low at about 78. I crank it at 68 with the seats set at 3. Kids set it at what ever in the back. Can't even talk to them when they have the headphones on...they tend to yell back at you ..."WHAT???"

bwp73

Reaction score
Now...if I'm not mistaken isn't the dual zone A/C supposed to be a standard option in the EB Expeditions?

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes,
The February models they made changes. Some good, some bad i.e.

(+) Wireless DVD, dual zone A/C,

(-) 260 watt 6 CD stereo vs. the 340 watt

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the build date on the drivers door sticker. That will tell you when final assembly was completed. Mine is Apr 03.

bwp73

Reaction score
I haven't checked the date yet but would you guys think that I could go back and get the dual air without any hassle? Prior to all this and after I bought the car I did notice that according to the brochure that I should have received the dual air. I do have to take it back sometime soon to get a leak fixed that also came with it and I was going to run it past the dealership at that time.