Heated/Cooled seats problem identified

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the 07-14 system pretty well. We have twin blowers and twin TED (Thermal Electric Devices) per seat that heat and cool the air as the blower forces it through the TED then through in seat ducts which come out the perforated leather as heated or cooled air. This is a lot of load to put on that little pin, now multiply that by 2 seats and you have 4 blowers and 4 TED units running.....she draws some juice. My 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer will not allow you to run the Climate Control Seats unless the engine running and showing RPM on the tach. You cannot run them like other accessories with just key on. I assume Ford did this to save the battery in engine off conditions. The updated harness spreads out the load to prevent future burns which is why the harness is recommended. I have read somewhere the 15-17 uses old fashioned fan blades instead of squirrel cage blowers like the 07-14 before bobs post but I can not verify that for sure since I haven’t seen that. Can anyone verify this difference? The plug and module appears to be same through all years.

Last edited:

CodyWS

Reaction score
I've got the correct crimp dies so I just ordered the connector and terminals only from customconnectorkits. shipped same day. Seems to be the same as the Escalade uses. I'll update if there's any problems. Don't know if I can post links, someone let me know and if I can I'll do that.

Lee Winter

Reaction score
Muddy, Is that plug under the passenger seat? I’m having same issue. I can’t be sure, but I think it began after I disconnected my battery to clean terminals and posts. I currently don’t have a good feel about the location. Thanks. Lee

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
Sometime around 2009-10 the controls were upgraded to have 3 levels of heat and 3 levels of cooling. This was also the case for Navigators.
My ‘14 KR only has two levels... unless you count “off” as a level.

It also only has one cigarette lighter socket under the controls, not two like JExp shows.

And here I thought mine was the fanciest. :anitoof: