Heater Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brent Harward

Reaction score
Just learned the heater hose on 2007 - 2014 5.4's is a pricey item. There are 2 hose/plastic connectors above the top right hand side of the engine. One line has a plastic "T" while the other has a plastic 30 degree splitter. It's normally the plastic "T" that fails. The entire unit, both hoses and such runs $150+. It also requires a plumbing disconnector to remove if you follow factory rules. I did a work around with a 3/4" plastic "T" from isle 3 of the auto parts store for $5. The slip connectors can be removed with side cutters saving $50 for the special unit they suggest from FoMoCo. This is s common problem after 5 yrs and 100k. "Happy Trails...., To You..."

Jon1985

Reaction score
One of my first repairs I did on my 2010 Expedition EL Limited I got two years ago . I was flooring it to pass someone and the hose blew I thought I Destroyed the engine lol antifreeze went all over my windshield I was lucky I was only few minutes from my house it was steaming pretty good to.

687A6A9F-0809-4E47-8FF5-F6E4BE2138F0.jpeg

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just learned the heater hose on 2007 - 2014 5.4's is a pricey item. ... The entire unit, both hoses and such runs $150+.... It also requires a plumbing disconnector to remove if you follow factory rules.

What part number did you get a quote on?

I replaced mine with KH-509, also known as BL1Z-18472-B. Its $50 to $60 all day long, shipped, from Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, even Home Depot.

The disconnector ring is usually part of a 12 piece super inexpensive plastic kit that should be in most tool boxes anyway. Not required, but certainly makes the job easier.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just learned the heater hose on 2007 - 2014 5.4's is a pricey item. There are 2 hose/plastic connectors above the top right hand side of the engine. One line has a plastic "T" while the other has a plastic 30 degree splitter. It's normally the plastic "T" that fails. The entire unit, both hoses and such runs $150+. It also requires a plumbing disconnector to remove if you follow factory rules. I did a work around with a 3/4" plastic "T" from isle 3 of the auto parts store for $5. The slip connectors can be removed with side cutters saving $50 for the special unit they suggest from FoMoCo. This is s common problem after 5 yrs and 100k. "Happy Trails...., To You..."

I don't know where you're buying your parts, but I paid $85 (not $150) for all 3 heater hoses and removed the connectors without any special tool and without cutting them. That tool can be had for $17 btw. Wherever you're shopping, don't go back.