Help - Dome light deactivated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently went car camping with my new expy (2023 SPP). It did something very strange.

I was in and out of the car repeatedly as I use it for storage while camping. I occasionally turn it on (not running, just on) to open or close the windows.

At some point is seemed to go in to a weird mode
* Unlock only worked from the driver's handle
* The dome lights didn't come on when the door was open
* I could turn on the front dome lights with the overhead button. But the rest would not come on.

Two questions:

Is there a name for this mode? Is this some sort of power/battery saving feature?

How can I get all the interior lights to come on?

This truck is much more complex than any prior vehicle I have owned.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently went car camping with my new expy (2023 SPP). It did something very strange.

I was in and out of the car repeatedly as I use it for storage while camping. I occasionally turn it on (not running, just on) to open or close the windows.

At some point is seemed to go in to a weird mode
* Unlock only worked from the driver's handle
* The dome lights didn't come on when the door was open
* I could turn on the front dome lights with the overhead button. But the rest would not come on.

Two questions:

Is there a name for this mode? Is this some sort of power/battery saving feature?

How can I get all the interior lights to come on?

This truck is much more complex than any prior vehicle I have owned.

I’d bet the battery discharged to the point where the vehicle placed it in battery-saver mode, only allowing certain features.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d bet the battery discharged to the point where the vehicle placed it in battery-saver mode, only allowing certain features.

I thought about that, but it happened the very first night after very little battery usage. Mostly just going in and out once and a while to grab stuff. I even left the running boards deployed to prevent them going up and down every single time.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well you can always leave a multimeter in your car, and the next time it happens, go measure your battery voltage and check. It seems like it went into some kind of power saver mode because you drained the battery too much. Also maybe bring it to Walmart so they can check the battery health.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Battery state of charge is low. 100% for sure. You can charge the battery (use a GOOD charger) but make sure you reset the Battery Management System after. OR, take it to the dealer and show them what is happening and maybe they will replace the battery..

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been dwelling on this and I think I know what I did to drain the battery. I like to open the windows during the day to keep it cool, and close them at night (in case it rains * to keep out bugs).

I am pretty sure I turned the vehicle "on" and left it on by mistake.

Going to another festival starting tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Battery state of charge is low. 100% for sure. You can charge the battery (use a GOOD charger) but make sure you reset the Battery Management System after. OR, take it to the dealer and show them what is happening and maybe they will replace the battery..
A "good" battery charger is one with settings for an AGM battery

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett