Help... Fuel Gauge Diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
John How many miles on the expy If anything over 125000 I would suggest you replace the complete assembly

Also I don't believe that you can just replace the sending unit At least I wasn't able to locate just the sending unit for my 01 when it needed replaced

John Stover

Reaction score
150K or so. Do you mean the entire fuel pump assy? I can do that. Might also take care of the very occasional stall when I come to a stop after a long drive. RPM will drop and either stall or "almost" stall. Starts right back up and runs fine. Not asking for advice, necessarily, just thinking out loud. Looking at NAPA, there are many choices for the Assy. I'll have to determine which is the correct one. I may run a tank with a fuel cleaner first.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes the entire fuel pump assy. Check you fuel pressure at the fuel rail also replace the fuel filter check pressure first get the figure, if low replace filter then recheck pressure But in any case replace filter if it hasn't been done

Stall could be due to many things DPFE sensor or the hoses to the sensor, MAF sensor, vacuum leaks and much more could be the cause

Some info for you
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/

John Stover

Reaction score
thanks, i'll look into the site. I live in a dusty environment, and I clean the MAF sensor with a spray. I replace the air filter also. I will let you know the outcome. I appreciate your input.