Help me paint my ford badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to blackout my ford emblems and other badges on my tuxedo black 14 expy limited. I am thinking paint to match,

My concern about plastidip is that I can't (from my research so far) get paint to match.

Please give me opinions.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the plain black plastidip on mine and it has worked out great so far. Sure rock chips will suck, but the fact that I can peel it off and repaint extremely easily is a plus. Also most chips can be touched up with a few sprays. Honestly Id go grab a can and watch a video and 1-1.5 hours(maybe 15 of actual work) and $5 you can see for yourself what it would be like. Oh and if you dot like it it peels off like you never painted it quick and easy (if you did it right).

Heres what mine looks like dipped Sorry its messy havent washed the truck in a while:

Attachments

• 20150323_134605.jpg
    20150323_134605.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
1goodarrow

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am going to do paint to match on the rear chrome , door handles, and my badges. Can someone tell me the best way to prep these surfaces?

OP
OP
1goodarrow

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am going to do paint to match on the rear chrome , door handles, and my badges. Can someone tell me the best way to prep these surfaces?

OP
OP
1goodarrow

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For my badges and expedition limited logo, I removed them, scuffed them with 3m red pad, washed with Dawn ,Applied 2 coats of duplicolor self etching primer , did not sand, hit it with what ended up being 6-7 coats of sem color match base (I had runs that I had to sand and start over a few times). Finished with duplicolor clear. I did all of this in my upstairs bathroom shower due to the cold weather in MI. I may redo the front badge and the expedition limited badge once it gets warmer and I can work in my garage.

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also use adhesion promoter before painting them.