HELP!!! Rim and adaptor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcab85

Reaction score
hey guys, i have been going crazy with this wheel dilemma and i need some advice so i will just start from the beginning. I recently aquired a set of almost brand new bfg all terrains in 35x16.5 unfortunately i could not find a set of aluminum rims in 5x135 pattern in a 16.5 so i bought adaptors and steel pro comp rims 5x5.5 but when i went to put them on I realized i didnt really like the way the setup was, being its a steel wheel and a very heavy oversized tire coupled with the new information i found out about hub centric wheels and the fact that 97 and 98 used 12mm x 1.75 lugs compared to the beefier 14mm x 2 lugs on 99 and up. so the questions are if i sell the rims and tires and start from scratch what rim and backspacing do i need to put 35's on, i recently put 2'' rear poly spacers and a torsion twist. will i need to put spacers on anyway? if so i may try to keep the rims and tires i have. i just dont know if aftermarket wheels need to be hub centric? is that load bearing??? how do you guys feel about the lugs??? do the adaptors have to be hub centric? i want to do it right and am just completely lost.

Last edited:

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran my 315/70/r17 on my factory 17in rims with just a body lift. Then when I went with the lift it needed rims with 4.5 back spsceing so I got 2in hub-centric adapters and now I'm going to run 35/12.5/r17 on the factory rims