Help with Navigation issue for 2007 Ford Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcessiv4c

Reaction score
Bought a used 2007 Limited Expy the other day, but it didnt come with a nav disc. At this time the stereo worked great. Picked up a disc and installed it, but it didn't make it through the installation process. It gave me an installation error. Now it's stuck in this mode telling me to insert the installation disc. I cant get the it off this screen. I've tried disconnecting the battery, fuses, and nothing. I really don't care about the Nav portion, I'm more concerned with getting the system working again so I don't have to listen to my wife telling me repeatedly that I broke it. Thank you for your assistance.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you get the disc ?
Was it a burned copy ?
What map version was it ?
While the map disc was trying to load did you shut the vehicle off ?
Can you get the disc out ?
When you pull the fuse for the radio and then plug it back in, can you hear the CD changer part moving the cd's around ?

Matt

OP
OP
X

xcessiv4c

Reaction score
When I bought it, the salesperson from the dealer, a large GMC/Buick dealer in Washington state, told me that it didnt come with a map disc and that they were $30 on Ebay. He also said you can get burned Nav discs that work just as well for $5. I found a burned disc on ebay for about $10 and used it. While it was loading when the vehicle was on, it stopped and gave me the error. It will not leave that same error and let me go to the radio or line-in, or CD function. I turn on the Expy and the error pops up although it will let me load CD's and when I pull the fuse you can hear the cd changer working. Other than that I can't get the error screen telling me to insert a valid disc off the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So even with the disc out you still get the error on the screen ?

My guess would be the burned copy is bad.

I would look into buying a real disc even if its a 4P or 6P version.

Matt

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
... Picked up a disc and installed it, but it didn't make it through the installation process. It gave me an installation error. Now it's stuck in this mode telling me to insert the installation disc. I cant get the it off this screen. I've tried disconnecting the battery, fuses, and nothing. ...

Hi xcessiv4c,

You may need to visit a Ford-certified dealership for further assistance. I would advise against the further use of third-party, unlicensed databases as they are not warranted to guarantee any certain level of performance once inserted. The $5 price tag can be pretty attractive, but not so much after incurring a service appointment to have the system fault corrected.

Antonio

OP
OP
X

xcessiv4c

Reaction score
So I bought a 12P disc and the install error disappeared, but the new error states the new disc is dirty. At least I have control of the Audio. Im assuming the reader in the Nav DVD is dirty. Any idea on how to get it cleaned or do I need to take it to a dealer for a little DAR?

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I bought a 12P disc and the install error disappeared, but the new error states the new disc is dirty. At least I have control of the Audio. Im assuming the reader in the Nav DVD is dirty. Any idea on how to get it cleaned or do I need to take it to a dealer for a little DAR?

Was the disc new in an unopened package ? If not then you can try cleaning it like a regular CD/DVD disc.... gently wipe from the center straight out to the edge.
The discs can and do get dirty over time.

Matt