Here to learn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handyhiker

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
New guy here from Ohio. I currently do not own an Expedition, but will shortly. I am here to do my research and schooling on these. I usually do some research on about anything I buy before I buy it so I know what to look for. I will be buzzing aroud the site and learning. I am sure I will ask some dumb questions here and there. Please be kind. I just want to know what to look for and look out for when buying a used Expedition. My purchase time is about 2 months from now. Should give even and old fart like me time to learn a thing or two.
Ken

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...it would help tremendously if you let us know what year or years youre looking at buying...also...if you go to each generation e.g 1st generation...2nd generation...etc there is a "sticky" that was started for such advice that youre looking for...again...welcome to the site...

GO BLUE!!!

OP
OP
Handyhiker

Handyhiker

Reaction score
To be honest, that is one of the reasons I am here, to find out good and bad of the different years so I know what year I need to look for. I am sure that this topic has been beat to death, so I will look and read. If possible, if someone could just guide me to a list of the difference between the years/generations that would be awesome.
Thanks, Ken

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2nd gen and 3ed look better in and out. If you want tough and easy to fix that will last over 200*** even 300*** then I would say go with a 1st gen in my opinion.

OP
OP
Handyhiker

Handyhiker

Reaction score
Decided as to what I am looking for after reading reviews and feed back. Looking to purchase either a 2005 or a 2002. Both seem to do well in the reviews and now I just need to go look and touch a few.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have an 04 and love it...no major probs...routine maintenance and sitting at 150K

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
05 starts the 3v engines...so even though its in the 2nd gen year group (03-06) engine changed

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st gens...97-02...2nd gens...03-06...3rd gens...07-14...4th gens (facelift)...2015-17

OP
OP
Handyhiker

Handyhiker

Reaction score
Sorry guys! I have to say good bye. I really was shopping for an Expedition when out of no were a F250 FX4 crew cab diesel showed up. It is well used but not abused. Just could not pass up the deal. So now I am a pick up truck owner.
This is a great site with a ton of info, I really was learning a bunch!
Take care my Ford brothers and sisters!!