Hesitating and Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSboxer33

Reaction score
In blazing southern AZ heat, after driving my 1997 Ford Expedition, after approximately driving 30 miles, vehicle starts to "feel funny" and ever so slightly starts to begin to under power. When it begins to under power; while still driving with steady pressure applied to gas peddle, the RPM needle jumps up and goes right back down normal (first stage). (stage two) again with steady pressue the engine stops accelerating and no longer maintains speed, it begins to lag. After a few minutes the engine catches and it starts accelerating again. Yesterday it stalled out twice but it always starts right back up.

Already been done, replaced throttle postioning sensor. It never overheats. All the gauges are normal, and no codes are coming up. When its cool and I first start driving it transmission shifts seamlessly.

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you ever replaced your coil packs and plugs? I suspect one of the coils is failing intermittently, when it gets hot. I had a similar issue, and replacing all of the coils solved it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2