Hesitation/Bucking @ 45 MPH under very light acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

case2001

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the EGR valve. You will get an EGR error code when you drive, but you will know right away if that's the issue. Mine never had an EGR error code until it had gotten much worse. It will only take a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Skippy, kindly let us know if you did solve your issue. Thanks

case2001

Reaction score
Well I guess one of the above ideas was the fix.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last time Skippy was on the forum was in Oct 2014. So asking him something now is useless. But that is one of the biggest problems on the forum is that people come on ask a question and get some answers and are never heard back again until they have a problem again. They want help but they can't take the time to update the results or to even say thank you.

case2001

Reaction score
Your right. I always try to be optimistic that it was fixed with one of suggestions above. Oh well. There are worse problems to deal with!

OP
OP
S

skipppy75

Reaction score
Was checking my junnk mail and found a couple mails from here.
Sorry I thought I replied to this thread I had another one going also.
It is the Torque Converter that was causing the hesitation.
This is what I did to verify the issue.
I added "Lubegard Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx - Tranmission Treatment"
this fixed the issue for about 500 miles but it started coming back so I went in and had the transmission fluid flushed with BG service and cleaners.
Have not had an issue since.
I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I went in and told Ford I wanted a BG clean and total fluid exchange,
they told me without diagnosising I would need the torque converter replace.
Funny how you tell them one thing a month prior they have no idea what the issue is and want you to leave your truck for a couple days to diagnosis it, but when you go back and tell them what you want done they finally tell you something else and give you a wild quote to replace torque converter.
With a little bickering back and forth I finally got them to just do what I wanted.
Saved myself like $2k just doing the fluid exchange almost had to go find a mom and pop shop with heated fluid exchange to do it, got $100 off their $325 cost to exchange, they matched a local shop price.
So far so good no issues and about 5k miles later still going strong

Last edited:

cericks

Reaction score
This is encouraging to see a potential solution to the exact same problem i'm having in my 06 Eddie (155k miles) when in overdrive. I have never received a code or engine light - when i take it out of OD it works smoothly, but every once in a while i can feel a very mild hesitation going up steeper hills.

Question... is there a difference between a "BG clean and total fluid exchange" and a standard transmission flush? THANKS!!

Jennifer Fradella

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is encouraging to see a potential solution to the exact same problem i'm having in my 06 Eddie (155k miles) when in overdrive. I have never received a code or engine light - when i take it out of OD it works smoothly, but every once in a while i can feel a very mild hesitation going up steeper hills.

Question... is there a difference between a "BG clean and total fluid exchange" and a standard transmission flush? THANKS!!
Yes, I would like to know what the difference is, too. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65