Hesitation/Bucking @ 45 MPH under very light acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHolden

Reaction score
I had exactly the same issue in my 2007 and a transmission fluid change also fixed it

anthony galate

Reaction score
hi on my 2004 expedition i had same problem at 1st was not bad then over a week got really bad took it to the shop it was bad cad converts on passenger side 700.00 later problem fixed. hope this is not your problem.
tony

anthony galate

Reaction score
hi on my 2004 expedition i had same problem at 1st was not bad then over a week got really bad took it to the shop it was bad cad converters on passenger side 700.00 later problem fixed. hope this is not your problem.
tony

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey there. I'd tend to agree with Indy about the tranny flush. Be sure they use the right fluid as that can cause issues as well. As for the harsh bump 1-2 or 2-1 shift,i had a transmission reburn done on mine and that cured it. Mine would noticably bump coming to a stop. A Ford tech buddy told me about the software update. Cured it right away. Mine's an 07 with 270,000 kilometres. Good luck.

J Tuck

Reaction score
This is encouraging to see a potential solution to the exact same problem i'm having in my 06 Eddie (155k miles) when in overdrive. I have never received a code or engine light - when i take it out of OD it works smoothly, but every once in a while i can feel a very mild hesitation going up steeper hills.

Question... is there a difference between a "BG clean and total fluid exchange" and a standard transmission flush? THANKS!!
Hey there,

I think I am experiencing a similar issue. My 2007 Expedition is just up past 190k miles and it has almost a surge where as I am accelerating, it will accelerate, let out, come back in strong, let out, come back in, repeatedly. It will accelerate through it... but some days it never goes away completely. It seems to still (very mildly and slowly) pulse in and out of power, even while cruising at highway speeds. The pulsing/surging is always at a slow rate (slower than your typical old diesel lope), and is never really a shudder like I have felt in other vehicles.

Let me know your thoughts. Plan is to pull the dipstick, inspect the fluid, and add a bottle of Lubegard Instant Shudder Fix (aka. Dr Tranny) to see if I get a week or two without the problem before getting a quote from the Ford Dealer on getting the fluid replaced with the heated exchange.

Also, what is "BG Clean"??? Asking so I don't look like a complete idiot when I walk in there...

Driving a stock 2007 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD with the center console deleted for Fire Department usage (Column Shifter).

QGrey Goose

Reaction score
Hey there. I'd tend to agree with Indy about the tranny flush. Be sure they use the right fluid as that can cause issues as well. As for the harsh bump 1-2 or 2-1 shift,i had a transmission reburn done on mine and that cured it. Mine would noticably bump coming to a stop. A Ford tech buddy told me about the software update. Cured it right away. Mine's an 07 with 270,000 kilometres. Good luck.
Hi
I got the same issues was told a rebuilt tranny..
Im see if they will do a software update, which I doubt

QGrey Goose

Reaction score
Hey there,

I think I am experiencing a similar issue. My 2007 Expedition is just up past 190k miles and it has almost a surge where as I am accelerating, it will accelerate, let out, come back in strong, let out, come back in, repeatedly. It will accelerate through it... but some days it never goes away completely. It seems to still (very mildly and slowly) pulse in and out of power, even while cruising at highway speeds. The pulsing/surging is always at a slow rate (slower than your typical old diesel lope), and is never really a shudder like I have felt in other vehicles.

Let me know your thoughts. Plan is to pull the dipstick, inspect the fluid, and add a bottle of Lubegard Instant Shudder Fix (aka. Dr Tranny) to see if I get a week or two without the problem before getting a quote from the Ford Dealer on getting the fluid replaced with the heated exchange.

Also, what is "BG Clean"??? Asking so I don't look like a complete idiot when I walk in there...

Driving a stock 2007 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD with the center console deleted for Fire Department usage (Column Shifter).
Hi
The Lubeguard Fix helped but the shudder came back.:(