hesitation under half to full throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
I have an 02 exp with the 4.6 and when you are half to full throttle it hesitates. I am not getting a check engine light. I have changed 5 out of the 8 coil packs, the fuel filter about 2 months ago, air filter about 1 month ago, and have just gutted the catalytic converters. Please let me know if you know of anything I can do.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure it'd help, but did you disconnect the battery after doing your exhaust mod?

OP
OP
B

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
Yea I disconnected the battery cable because I get a code for the egr valve. I have replaced the egr valve, the control valve, and the low pressure sensor. The egr light has been on since I bought the exp the beginning of this year, but the hesitating has just started about 1 month ago.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has the light gone away after replacing those parts?

OP
OP
B

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
No. I did the exhaust mod this past weekend then disconnected the cable yesterday. Drove it for a liitle while and the light came back on

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten the light code checked out? Might be something new? What is the code specifically?

OP
OP
B

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
Yea I have had the light checked. I cant remember the code # but I get 2 codes. 1 for the egr valve and 1 that says egr low circulation pressure

gbecerra

Reaction score
Have you cleaned out the throttle body? It may be gunked up like mine was and there was definitely a delay in throttle response.

sniper141

Reaction score
I have the same codes and it is P0401. There is a metal tubing that runs from the manifold to the EGR with 3 or so run offs to other hoses, that may need to be replaces, because that is the exhaust runoff from the valves in the exhaust rotation.

40eastvp

Reaction score
Heads up I have the same problem with my 97 Expo 5.4 I replaced my EGR,DPFE,EGR solenoid, hose, 8plugs, 8coils etc etc took it to ford and they said the EGR system is clogged and need to take the intake off to clean the egr ports which get clogged in the expo engine for some reason. cost is about $600