Hey Howdy Hi- New Expy Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedited

Reaction score
I recently joined the Expy fold, and was referencing this site for great insights during my purchase process. Nothing beats cold hard facts for unbiased opinions, but as with politics, you will rarely find them. So I made sure I was coming to a top source for experience with Expeditions, and hope to add my own experiences to those areas where they clearly uphold the stated position, or more importantly, break with that experience to provide another point of view.

My unit is a 1st Gen, 1998 XLT, with mileage in the high 100s. She runs strong and aside from a little low rust, it's solid in both body and drivetrain. However, to keep it that way, I will be turning to the threads out here for continued advice!

I ran through it mechanically and there are no immediate needs aside from some rear shocks, but it will need a head unit with USB capability. Satelite and Pandora are nice bonuses, but strong USB performance is key for me. Will be posting a thread soon for user experiences on a few specific models of Double DIN head units...

mazdaparts

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the "family". For the audio unit I recommend the pioneer avh-p1400dvd. It has been replaced by the avh-p1500dvd. The 1400 works great, has usb and 3.5mm audio jack on the front, touchscreen, and you can add bluetooth, satellite, and nav modules or just buy uplevel model get it all.