HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xb58

Reaction score
picked up the HID conversion kit from "mydepot" where you guys recommended, but am having issues with it.

has anyone tried the kit with an 03+ expedition? installed everything correctly im sure (since its a pretty easy install) but absolutely nothing happens... btw the 9006 kit does not come with a relay, so its extremely easy plug and play

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
What issues are you having? you should take some pictures or video of your issue.
its not working at all, absolutely nothing happens, highs and fogs still work, but nothing with the lows

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did the ballasts have any kind of "broken glass" in them when you got them? If so they're screwed.

Do they fire?

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you know for sure you have everything hooked up right...you could send them back and they should send you a replacement if i'm not mistaken

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by AvroAero
Did the ballasts have any kind of "broken glass" in them when you got them? If so they're screwed.

Do they fire?
no odd sounds, and no they dont fire... they do nothing at all, has to be soemthing im doing wrong

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what are you plugging in to the wire to give it power? it should be connecting to the original wire for your headlights. it looks like you have something on the unit plugging into itself and it shouldnt be like that.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant remember exactly it was a while ago i did it and i was half drunk lol so my memory is a little foggy