HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, each style of projector lights are bulb specific. Do you want something that looks like mine? or do you want to go black?

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
Yes, each style of projector lights are bulb specific. Do you want something that looks like mine? or do you want to go black?

do your work good for hids? do they have the cutoff that oem projectors do? any pics up against a wall?

again, thanx for the help so far

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My kit said in the manual that it should include an adaptor for the bulb that would do that. But I never got it. You might be able to contact the guy that sold em and see if hes got any.

I just kinda blind people. Yea, its not nice. lol

These kits aren't the best, but for 40-80 bucks they're pretty decent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by AvroAero
My kit said in the manual that it should include an adaptor for the bulb that would do that. But I never got it. You might be able to contact the guy that sold em and see if hes got any.

I just kinda blind people. Yea, its not nice. lol

These kits are the best, but for 40-80 bucks they're pretty decent.

cant beat it for the price, worried about blinding a cop at 2am after the bar lets out though lol

would like to see what the "ebay" projectors light beam looks like, if its better than stock might just do that

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typoed.
4x4's projectors I think are ebay and the video showed them aiming well. Mine are kinda all over the place but I have the high and low beams ones that don't work well. A waist of 40 bucks, the regular ones are better.

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
oh ok, your still in the stock housing.. i just dont want to waste the money on ebay projectors if the output is not cleaner, ill try and do a retrofit if thats the case... plus the 03+ projectors are more than the 98-2002

hopefully 4x4 has a pic in the dark shining on a wall

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, didn't notice your 2nd gen. Most projectors I'd assume aim about the same though because a perfect semi-circle and only be so many shapes. ;)

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll take a pic of them aiming against a wall. they have a pretty straight cut off just like that pic you posted. I have had them in for quite a while now and yes i blind some people in lower to the ground cars, but i haven't had any po po problems yet lol