How do I adjust the headlight beams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like on the stock headlights.

Headlights on:
Behindbolt.jpg

Headlights off:
Backheadlight.jpg

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it's the 5/16 screw just about the plug thats the adjuster the weird looking screw

OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the help. But... I broke down and just took it to the dealer, because if you ask my wife I am extremely picky about anything, and **** as all hell when it comes to my truck. I always want everything to be perfect. So, rather than me messing around with it, I took it to the dealer. Good news is I am pretty good friends with the Service Manager there and he cut me a break and didn't charge me anything since I brought it in for an oil change. But none the less, my headlights are perfect now. I really appreciate everyones help!

Thanks again!

-Ry

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have your old stockers?

I wanna find a set of stocker for cheap so I can try taking them apart and painting them black.

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same deal the screw might be diff. if you take a pic of them i can tell you what screws you need to turn.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
headlights.jpg

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok you see the 3 screws with the star shape black nuts 2 on 1 side the r above each other and the 1 by itself on the other side (lower inside of light) .

if you turn the top in and turn the 2 bottoms 1's out that will bring your headlight up. do the opposite to go down.

left to right or vis. vers. out side of headlight(the 2 that r above each other)in will bring the headlight more to the outside of the vech.do the opps.to bring it twords the middle(inside bottome in the 2 outside out)if you need more help let me i'll pm you my number and talk you thru it.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for your help ill work on it tomorrow and see if i can get it to where i want it

OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
Yeah, I still have my original headlights, but I want to keep them for when I trade this beast in, and/or if something happens to the ones I got now, I will have replacements. :)

I will have to get some new pictures up. I have two whip antennas now, the bumper painted and the new headlights. Can you say Bomb Squad? LOL. I think it looks awesome. :)