How do you bring back the shine in running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hope4me2

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Ford Expedition with the shine lost in the running boards and back bumper. Is there anything you can put on them to bring back the shine. I would welcome any information thanks

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Note that anything you put on the running boards to make them come back to life will also make them slippery.
I don't use the running boards as a step but my wife does and informed me if I ever did that again she would kill me.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use the meguiars interior stuff, gives it a nice shine, not that slippery and it last for weeks even when it gets wet it still looks clean...

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wear heels and i dont slip when i get in and i use the steps all the time... kinda short lol

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
x2 on the mothers back to black works great but slippery on running boards , you can also use ice wax paste wax it is safe for the trim pieces, i used it on my mirrors and bumper step pad when i forst got the truck and it brought the shine back

rcreecer

Reaction score
Pledge or Endust both work well - yes, the same stuff you use on your furniture. It cleans it much better than ArmorAll, and lasts longer too. It also works wonder to remove/cover any wax residue on textured plastics. A nice gloss w/o being too slippery.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or bed line them to give them a textured feel. they will be back to black. and if they ever fade spray them again or even armor all them. and the texture keeps the slippery down.