Register to remove these ads

How do you turn off the Interior Lights

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Bjamin, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Bjamin

Bjamin Member

I've got a 2000 Expy (Eddie Bauer if it makes a difference) and can not figure out how to turn off the interior lights besides closing the doors. We go to the drive-in movies and keep the rear hatch open, but the interior lights stay on. The only way I've found so far to turn them off is to pull the fuse, but that's a pain (as the fuse powers the windows). Anyone out there know how to turn them off?

Thanks in advance!
    Ben

2. Keydo

Keydo Full Access Members

Can you trick the trunk by thinking it's closed? Maybe wedging something in the catch so it thinks the rear trunk is closed?

Just a thought.

3. Bjamin

Bjamin Member

Yeah - I did that, but I'm just amazed there is no way to turn it off. Usually it's on the dimmer switch for the dashboard lighting.

4. leroystokes

leroystokes Member

Just to let you know that there is no way to turn them off. The only one that you can turn off is the one in the rear cargo area. The others will stay on and the only option that those lights have is turning them on/off individually. Once a door is opened the lights automatically come on and will stay on until all the doors are closed. Sorry. :nopity:

5. monsta

monsta Full Access Members

That 03 should have an interior light defeat in the dimmer switch. Roll it all the way down until it clicks. My 03 had it. One of the best features, IMHO.

6. flakito1000

flakito1000 Member

The only way I could thinks of if to cut the main wire that goes to the courtesy lights and have an on/off switch before it splits to all the lights.

That way you got the option of turning it off when wanted or leave the switch on for normal operation.

7. mustangrfast88

mustangrfast88 Full Access Members

you can flip the latch in the hatch to make it think it is shut and all the lights will be off but you got to make sure it is pushed all the way up and dont shut the hatch intell you release the latch or you will have your light staying on all the time tell you replace that switch in there