CLASSIC AND DREADED HVAC PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FordMafia

Reaction score
@Fastcar turns out all my actuators went bad besides front mode which is why I'm still hearing the knocking. I made a new post with a breakdown of all the actuators there are to my knowledge. Might as well get at the mode door in front also before I need it and it doesn't work

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had all 5 actuators (3 front and 2 rear) replaced on my 2011. The one behind the radio was the second time in 3 years, the other 2 in front I did as a pre-emptive measure. 1 of the rears was starting to make noise, so I did both, again pre-emptive.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this problem several years ago on my 2018. The dealer wanted to replace all of the actuators. My profession is a service technician on office machines, so I had a discussion with the service tech. The odds of all of the actuators/blend doors failing at the same time is beyond logic. They replaced one anyway. Problem persisted. I insisted the problem was likely with the HVAC control module. I told them if that wasn’t it then it was likely a short somewhere, and God help us all! That was replaced, and no problems since.

Allen Halstead

Reaction score
2017 Limited. Had loud clacking from top of dast. Replaced top actuator. Then still clacking from driver side floor. On that one I could reach up & touch it while clacking. Replaced it too. No more noise but air now comes out from correct places but front footwells get cold air with both side temps on Hi. Then battery died. So had battery out overnight. Have tried the “pull fuse(s)” procedure, still no joy. Bought Forscan connecter & full software license. Showed errors so rebooted all 3 actuators. Twice…. Still no heat in footwells. Sigh….
Any suggestions appreciated. Note: Forscan offered reboot but no mention of recalibrate. Not sure if same or not…