Hypertech followup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the Hypertech tune installed in my 2011. Can't tell a lot of difference in daily driving but I do drive it real easy with only about 4 miles to work.

Changed the shift firmness to 25% firmer. Can tell a slight difference there. Will probably have to wait till next summer to really check gas mileage when towing boat. Hope it was not money wasted.

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the Hypertech tune installed in my 2011. Can't tell a lot of difference in daily driving but I do drive it real easy with only about 4 miles to work.

Changed the shift firmness to 25% firmer. Can tell a slight difference there. Will probably have to wait till next summer to really check gas mileage when towing boat. Hope it was not money wasted.

I went to 50% on my 2011, shifted much better on the daily driving. Highway was much better on power especially when passing. I have been messing around with the shift points and rpm as well but have not got it perfect yet. I have a bit of a heavy foot on the highway but in the city I drive pretty easy and I think the hyper tech was well worth it. I saw maybe 1-1.5 mpg increase but shifting and power was much better which was my main goal. Every programmer I have ever had, on several trucks, helped with mileage while towing the most with modest improvement while not towing. Please post your results with the boat next summer, I would be curious if it is the same in your case. I really don't tow with this vehicle so I can't test it myself. Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik