I need an exhaust on the 2000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

hey guys...I am sure someone here can help....I want something kinda throaty...but when I am taking the family on a trip, I dont wanna have to blast the radio and scream to talk...any ideas??? New muffler maybe? I am lost...I have talked to several people and they all say something like a flowmaster is going to echo through my entire cab....just wondering if anyone here has done anything and has some ideas....

OP
OP
G

I had the flowmaster on my 99 and now have a gibson on my 03 and the flowmaster made more noise and had the flowmaster drone. SO far I like the Gibson better, I did feel more of a throttle response and it has a deeper tone. The stock muffler was 26" by 14" and probably 30-35 lbs!

RedX

Reaction score
You may also want to look into MagnaFlow. I have the stainless si/do. It is throaty when I have the overdrive off and going about 50-60 mph, but as soon as I turn it back on, it gets very quiet.

OP
OP
G

Member DAVE has a cool looking exhaust 2 on left and 2 on the right side.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went the other way and customized mine. But first, let me say, that not more than 10 years ago gibson and magnaflow were just plain shit junk sold on the shelves at pepboys for 15-30% of what they now sell for, and they haven't changed. Magnaflow was made for, and is still mostly marketed to ricers. Gibson is truck based, and over priced. Flowmaster has a helluva reputation for the best performance of any system.

Mine is a 3 inch custom true dual setup into flowmaster 40 series. Now the 40 series is a little more than most want, but I also have a blower that needs to breath.

Check out the picture here at this link:

http://navigatorfourms.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=16

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
look in to the mac cat back sytem that is what i am putting on mine when i do the exhaust and i love the way the mac sounds on my mustang

Reaction score
the flowmaster 40 series are some loud mufflers, so i got the flowmaster 50 suv series and they so freaking quiet, there just a bit louder than the stock ones . u also still get the great sound of flowmaster when u rev it up. at highway speeds u bearly hear the exhaust. on my mpg display i went from 12.8mpg to 13.2mpg so it did a little diffrence on the gas mileage. to be honest i regret getting these becasue there too quiet to get attention. ill probably upgrade to the 50 series delta flow in the future

Reaction score
Flowmaster

I just got the Flowmaster 3" 50 Series on my rig about 2 weeks ago. It has a quiet rumble under idle, but has the signature Flowmaster sound under heavy acceleration. Plus, I've noticed that it has slightly better gas mileage. I love it!

Last edited:

carp2000

Reaction score
I had a flowmaster on my 00 Expy and it was cool for about two weeks then I really had to get on it to hear it. So if you don't want to drown out eveything around you then I would role the flowmaster way, but if you want noise then man I'll tell you something that sounds good and that is just going straight pipes, everone turns to look when I get it, and its not to terribly load, I mean my wife and my boys like it.