I need some help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i posted about my 02 running rough. Well last night i got off work and started it up and it backfired under the hood well then it started running real rough. my check engine light came on so i took it and checked the codes it ran 8 different codes.

#s p0122 p1125 p0304 p0301 p0174 p0471 p1401 and p1000
two of them say they are tps sensor codes. two are problems with 1 and 4 cylinders. then there is one for the egr valve. I tride to replace the tps but when they did my motor swap they rounded out the bolt heads and didnt tell me they just said they replaced it. so im at a 4 way road with no idea witch way to go. should i try to fight with the bolts to change the tps and hope it works or would yall suggest trying something else first. :banghead:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i posted about my 02 running rough. Well last night i got off work and started it up and it backfired under the hood well then it started running real rough. my check engine light came on so i took it and checked the codes it ran 8 different codes.

#s p0122 p1125 p0304 p0301 p0174 p0471 p1401 and p1000
two of them say they are tps sensor codes. two are problems with 1 and 4 cylinders. then there is one for the egr valve. I tride to replace the tps but when they did my motor swap they rounded out the bolt heads and didnt tell me they just said they replaced it. so im at a 4 way road with no idea witch way to go. should i try to fight with the bolts to change the tps and hope it works or would yall suggest trying something else first. :banghead:

If it backfired under the hood, did it launch a plug? Check all 8 COP's to see if they are still in place. I would guess the TPS is not going to fix the running rough issue.

EGR might, but it is most likely the two dead cylinder codes you are getting that are being troublesome. Check for spark, if no spark, replace the COP's and plugs on those cylinders. Having two cylinders down is going to make it run bad enough that it will almost stall.

OP
OP
B

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i will have to check the # 4 plug closer now that you say that when i was under the hood i looked back there and the cop was shaking a little back and forth wile the rest are solid in place.

OP
OP
B

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK cops are all in place. I'm taking it to a shop today to have them get the bolts out of the tps and I'm going to change it anyway. If it helps great if not I'm going to order a new set of plugs and COP's and the egr and go from there. Any suggestions on COP's?