I really like Expedition, but the terrible suspension is getting to me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I gotta say I really agree ford missed the boat on this. Normal mode with the sport shock tune would be awesome. Hopefully ford will let dealerships execute this as a service bulletin item.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only time I notice ours having a floaty feeling is when going down side streets in town and hitting the dips. We had a ‘17 Tahoe Premier with 20’s, and I think the Expy rides just as good with 22’s.

If thats the case, the expys ride horrible on 22s lol.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine made over 24 mpg on the highway on my last cross country drive. I've got 3.73 gears too.

In sport, I agree its retarded how it holds the gears. 55 mph and its down 2-4 gears from 10th.

That's what sport mode is designed to do. More responsive acceleration requires lower gearing.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have to realize we are a small group of car nerds that use our trucks more than most people and have a much higher tolerance for stiffness. Mostly due to the fact that we know the pluses of slightly stiffer suspension. Most people want to be as numb as possible in their driving experience. Where we are not only are the roads straight and boring they are also falling apart. I don't know how people do it in sports cars, especially without wheel and tire insurance...

@Tys expedition
If you are a tinkerer I'd keep an eye on the Raptor forums. If anyone is going to figure out how to re-valve these automated shocks its those guys. Nobody spends $$ on suspension like the Raptor crowd. While the shocks are obviously a different caliber, I'd be willing to bet the process wouldn't be dramatically different. The valves themselves look similar.