I think I found my vacuum leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86scotty

Reaction score
2005 EB Expy. Can someone look right by their master cylinder and tell me where this goes? I can't find a broken line anywhere that it would've connected to. It's clipped there with an OEM clip so it should be the same on other Expeditions.

4851498c3731046d5c2907254693f33d.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

86scotty

Reaction score
Hmmm. Interesting. Well, I do have a vacuum leak (dash vents come and go with acceleration and coasting) and I thought I'd found it. I can't crank the tru ck for a couple of days to see if there's a vacuum on that line. Anyone else with a 4x4 got this same setup?

Thanks

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a '05 Expedition, and I have a similar line terminating like that. It's a vent line for the 4x4 hubs. You should see two lines going down to each hub, one line should pull vacuum, the other should vent to atmosphere and just terminates like that.

OP
OP

86scotty

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks to you both. I've got a few projects going under the hood right now but plan to go through all the vacuum lines. Some are pretty brittle so I'm sure I won't have much trouble finding my problem.