I'm happy to be a 1st gen guy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How's the get-up-and-go with thise 37s? I noticed a big difference when i got my 275/70/18 (33.2").

I want to regear. I could only imagine how you feel.

OP
OP
Will H

Will H

Reaction score
I plan to regear, but not until I'm finished with some performance upgrades.

I knew that adding all this weight would take its toll on performance.

But I wanted to build something I could take ANYWHERE, and something you don't see everyday.

I flew to Tampa 10 years ago to buy this truck. When I did, it was a bone stock Black Eddie Bauer w/Gray Leather, complete with the gold bumper caps and fender lips.

Everything that has been done to this truck, was done by my own hands, except for customizing the hitch. But, I did tell him exactly what I wanted done.

This is actually my 4th 97 or 98 Expedition. The reason I would never buy anything newer is pretty damn childish.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the costs of the parts I installed :

$200 Body Lift
$300 Front Monroe Coil Overs
$200 Rancho Rear shocks
$115 Moog Rear Springs
$100 Torsion Keys

(Dollar amounts are rounded costs)

Do you by any chance have the part numbers to the Monroe front coilovers and the Moog springs?

OP
OP
Will H

Will H

Reaction score
Do you by any chance have the part numbers to the Monroe front coilovers and the Moog springs?

The coil overs, I can give you the measurements of about 7 hours from now. If there is a model number on them, I will give you that as well.

As far as the Moog rear springs, I can look them up. I will notice the model number when I see it, but don't recall off the top of my head.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are what's on my truck now ::
Moog cc860s

Here is the link to Moog's list of available coil springs in case anyone else needs it.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/universal_coil_springs.asp

I just looked up the fitment. Nice. That's in line with what someone posted years ago about using the front coils from an F350 to net (I think) 5" of lift. Of course he never followed up to explain which spring code or if it was a diesel or gas engine.

OP
OP
Will H

Will H

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed figuring out what I needed to do to lift my truck when so many "professionals" said it couldn't be done without spending $3500+, because my truck came stock with the air ride suspension.

I did it cost effectively and my own labor.

It's very satisfying to drive around this town of nearly 200k people and watch how many of them stare or point at my truck.

OP
OP
Will H

Will H

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Expedition ralleys, get-togethers, trail rides, etc ?

Those Barbie lovin' Jeep people do it. Why can't we ? We are bigger than they are !! LoL