Impact of Heavy Duty Tow Package (w/ 3.73 axle ratio) on MPG gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I've seen so far from browsing a lot of vehicles, I thought that the "pro trailer backup assist" feature and the drive mode dial with 4 buttons surrounding it (adding the tx case lock and 4L mode) were a standard part of the HD Tow package. But I came across the one linked below, which apparantly has the package, but is missing these features/controls. Does that sound right?
https://www.zeckfordsales.net/used/Ford/2019-Ford-Expedition-c98e99f60a0e0a171b3402a3c90d78cb.htm#

If it doesn’t have 4L it does not have the Heavy Tow Package. Have them show it to you on the original Window Sticker or build sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DobermanTech

Reaction score
OP
OP
S

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you on that one...maybe they're reusing pictures from a different vehicle? Definitely would ask. I have damn near the exact same version of Expedition and my window sticker is almost identical to that one...this is what mine looks like:

View attachment 36555

Yeah, that's what I was expecting. This is an out of state vehicle so I can't check it out in person, but the person I've been speaking with at the dealer is adamant that the pictures are of this vehicle, it does have the HD Tow Package, but it does NOT have the Pro Backup Assist or 4L features.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sticker says “No Charge” by the tow package. I think mine was $1k+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here - my sticker says "No Charge" - if I remember correctly it was part of the 303A Stealth Edition

Ford is so weird with their options. My Platinum would not get the tow package included, but the Stealth does. Only option I had on the Platinum was the tow package and power second row captain chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have him snap a picture of the VIN so it can be compared to the window sticker. Maybe the window sticker is for another vehicle. Also I thing the ESLD is pretty evident if a picture is taken from the bottom.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s possible the factory put the wrong piece in. There was another user on here (I don’t know who and I don’t know what thread, so you’ll have to trust me) who was missing rear climate control buttons in the second row...he/she took it to the dealer and it turns out the factory put the wrong console in. I think they swapped it.

If the sticker says it has the tow pack, the vehicle is supposed to have those buttons...I betcha this was a Friday build.