In the market for a Navigator L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can do without the "opulence" of the black label interior, you can option a reserve pretty well for 86k-90k.
Can’t. To find (not interested in new) a reserve spec’d with everything except Lincoln Play, just easier to go BL. And I’m a sucker for the opulence of the interior. I have a 4th child on the way. I want to treat my wife with the best I can afford.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I aint mad atcha. If I could I would too lol.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The BL trim seems to run much louder inside than the Reserve. There was a post from a few fellas about the drone from the exhaust of the BL trim compared to the Reserve Trim. Have no proof of this, because my Reseve is very quiet inside.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For what they are asking for used ones, I wouldn't even consider them over new in this market. Either buy new, or wait for the market to crash and buy a used one then. The used stuff is soooooo overpriced right now. In 2 years it will be worth half of what you paid and it'll have a ton of miles on it because it was already used....

OP
OP
M

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The BL trim seems to run much louder inside than the Reserve. There was a post from a few fellas about the drone from the exhaust of the BL trim compared to the Reserve Trim. Have no proof of this, because my Reseve is very quiet inside.
That would be very odd considering that BL just has nicer leather and suede headliner. I seriously doubt there are any differences in regards nvh deadening materials between the 3 trims.

That all being said, I may entertain a Reserve if it's a low mileage 2019 or 20 priced the same as a 2018 BL. I have decided to stay away from the '18's based on feedback in this forum.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That would be very odd considering that BL just has nicer leather and suede headliner. I seriously doubt there are any differences in regards nvh deadening materials between the 3 trims.

That all being said, I may entertain a Reserve if it's a low mileage 2019 or 20 priced the same as a 2018 BL. I have decided to stay away from the '18's based on feedback in this forum.

It's like this for the expys. Xlts, ltds, and plattys feel different, and that's before you add rim size to equation so I'm sure the nav is like that. For example, though 3rd gen post refresh, I drove a nav l select on 20s and and nav swb reserve on 22s and ccd and the nav l was wholly superior on the exact same road, though the reserve has more acoutrements inside than the select. Also, some people have noticed too that added miles and worn tires degrade quietness and ride comfort as well so keep that in mind. In no way am I tryna to deter you, I'd take a used nav anyday over my 18 armada lol, though the 16k price difference btw that and a 17 nav made it a easy decision.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya the 22s are tempting but I can’t stomach a 100k vehicle. 70 is more reasonable as long as it’s low mileage and under warranty. This is a cash purchase.

One of the advantages of leasing is that you only pay for the part of the vehicle you use. With used car prices heavily inflated right now, there's a risk of higher depreciation when the market returns to normal. Many 2021 models were shipped in low quantities, or not shipped at all. When the used car market returns to normal, used vehicles that were selling for inflated prices may decline in price more quickly. By leasing for several years, you hedge against the deflation risk. This is assuming residuals haven't ballooned lately, as I honestly am not shopping and haven't checked.

Team_Z

Reaction score
Help me decide which is the better buy. I have 2 Navi's that I'm pitting against one another and can't settle one one over the other.

Both are 2018 Black Labels with the White Exterior.

Differences:

#1 - Has 54k miles, CPO, chalet interior (the one we love the best), AZ vehicle. They are asking $73,800.

#2 - Has 33k miles, no CPO (I would opt for Ford Premium Care) yacht interior (light blue, which we are ok with), Michigan vehicle. They are asking $71,500.

Which would you choose?
Neither, the used car market is super inflated. What’s it goes back to normal you’ll be soo upside down that even gap won’t cover you in the event a loss occurred (heaven forbid)
Lease it, you let the dealer hedge against the depreciation. You can lease then pay off your lease and you won’t have a payment for some time. Figure 25-35k depending on terms. Take the rest and invest it. I never pay cash for vehicles. I get the best interest rate and let the return on my investments outpace the interest I’m paying on my loan.

plus if you are a BL kind of guy I’m sure you’ll want something new soon so just lease, you out the wife in to a new car every 3 years with latest and “greatest”.

OP
OP
M

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Neither, the used car market is super inflated. What’s it goes back to normal you’ll be soo upside down that even gap won’t cover you in the event a loss occurred (heaven forbid)
Lease it, you let the dealer hedge against the depreciation. You can lease then pay off your lease and you won’t have a payment for some time. Figure 25-35k depending on terms. Take the rest and invest it. I never pay cash for vehicles. I get the best interest rate and let the return on my investments outpace the interest I’m paying on my loan.

plus if you are a BL kind of guy I’m sure you’ll want something new soon so just lease, you out the wife in to a new car every 3 years with latest and “greatest”.
How does this benefit me if I want to outright own one? I'm not going to be financing it. I don’t want to just lease and dump it in 3 years. I ran the numbers for their current lease offer: 36 months @ $1,261 a month plus $10,300 down payment. That comes out to a total of $55k! No way a BL Navi depreciates by 55k in 3 years. Or am I missing something?

Last edited: