Injector replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally pulled the intake manifold to fix a coolant leak. Many of you have recommended changing out the injectors while I have the manifold out, and that makes sense. I priced injectors at Autozone and they are $45 -69 each. I find much better deals on e-bay, but I'm wondering about the quality.

Have any of you tried the Ebay injectors? If so, which ones would your recommend? Were they new or remanufactured?

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don’t buy at Parts house they are a asap doing job. Buy online.

No sales tax. Amazon charges.

05752928-C94D-4A7E-B391-347E57770EED.png

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You dont actually need to pull the manifold (or ANYTHING) to replace injectors at any time.... literally 2x bolts per side on the fuel rail (8mm I think?) and just pull up

PS maybe thats just 3rd gen though?

Last edited:
OP
OP
eluther3

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You dont actually need to pull the manifold (or ANYTHING) to replace injectors at any time.... literally 2x bolts per side on the fuel rail (8mm I think?) and just pull up

PS maybe thats just 3rd gen though?
You don't need to pull the intake for the injectors,but you do need to remove the injectors to service the intake manifold. I had to replace the intake manifold gasket, so was considering changing the injectors while they were out.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
eluther3

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pulled up some videos showing how to clean the injectors and it's cheap and relatively easy. I've been using injector cleaner at every oil change, so they really weren't too bad. May still replace them if I can find some good ones for a good price

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ebay injectors are good. also the coil packs are great. there was a time where chinese aluminium coil packs were on the market, but they are gone now. all of the good ones are spun with a nice high quality copper set which actually exceeds motorcraft OEM. im surpised with the price, as they seem to be very closely matched to the copper-weight alone.
but the injectors are fine too. just as good as OEM

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and while youre at it, replace the sparkplugs and ignition coils.

Wish I thought of this a few years ago when I did my manifold. now I have to cough up another $300+ just to replace my sparkplugs