interior l.e.d.s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keisha

Reaction score
I have installed some leds with the 5630 chip to the interior of my 08 limited. Im very satisfied with how bright they are but my concern is that with everything cut off the leds are still on though very very very faintly. Im not worried about the bulbs running out I'm worried if this is draining my battery slowly, any suggestions thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the 5630 chip? the LEDs have the chip in them? shouldnt need a chip in bulbs for your lights at all...with that being said...to me...that may be why the lights are faintly on and that may kill ur battery...go to superbrightleds.com and you can talk to a rep to cross reference ur bulb numbers

OP
OP
K

keisha

Reaction score
Supposedly the 5630 are the newest and brightest leds. What I think they mean by "chip "is that there is a chip inside the bulb housing that helps it to be brighter

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a dimming circuit such as the domes the only way to get rid of the glow is to leave one regular bulb in the circuit or use a resistor across one of the led bulbs.The led's are very efficient and there is usually residual power in the circuit hence the glow. It's still there with regular bulbs too just not enough to make them light up. So unless it really bothers you I wouldn't worry about it. Won't hurt anything.

OP
OP
K

keisha

Reaction score
Thanks it doesn't bother me I was just worrIed about draining the battery