Is Ford letting the Expedition die on the vine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrumcap

Reaction score
Has there been any news about a redesign for the Expedition? It would be nice to see Ford offer the new engines and technology in a refreshed version.
Is this in the works or is Ford content to let the Expedition die a slow death?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 would only guess that new engines mean new face...i could b wrong...they should reveal at the auto show

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
something will come up soon. the detroit auto show is soon. and theyll let it out soon enough. and hopefully with the new 6.2 and ecoboost engine.

OP
OP
T

Thrumcap

Reaction score
The Detroit Auto show already happened and I've seen nothing in the press about any changes to the Expedition. Similarly, I've seen nothing about changes to its main competition either. Maybe the full size, truck based SUVs are going the way of the dinosaurs?
It would seem pretty easy using the new F150 as a base to come out with a new Expedition but Ford must have other ideas. :confused:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres always the chicago auto show...thats later in the yr

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Umm this could be the sad truth but ford released that Flex. Plus since almost no one lifts the new expeditions maybe they are using the flex to replace the expedition. On top of that have you noticed how much of the stuff in the F150 is in the FLEX? Thats just another idea but IDK

OP
OP
T

Thrumcap

Reaction score
Ugh- that would be a sad truth indeed. I can't stand the looks of the Flex and it can't tow for shit. Hard to believe Ford would decide to do away with all SUV's with towing capacity.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have a market for the expedition...although more people are going x-over and smaller...i cant see them scrap'n the EX...plus...it makes better business since to use materials/parts in more than one platform to save on production cost and passing the extra charge to us...so i understand having a similar look in the FLEX and EX or whatever vehicle....