Is it worth the cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MLKESQ

Reaction score
It is a 6.2. same as what the Escalade got. It's not a diesel. And from what I can tell that year did not have the active fuel management that the 5.3 had that caused oil consumption.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to look that one up, not familiar with it. Reviews appear good. Luxury powerhouse

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I was surprised to hear that 6.2 start with no clicks rattles knocks of any sort and it was clean with no valve cover leaks etc. I have a 2000 Durango with 250K on the 4.7 and it's never be touched, just maintained sine I bought it new and it still sounds like new. Maintenance and care is everything on all of them no matter the brand.

You ain't lying, one of the work trucks at my company has 360k on it and it never been opened before. Though they're highway miles it is used for towing almost 100% of the time. Very well maintenaned by the owner.
It's an 06 expy w/tow package

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 05 with 131k on the 5.4 3v. Confirmed oil pressure is 15 psi at hot idle and it rattles and knocks. Several local shops are quoting 7K for a reman installed and out the door.

My whole 3rd gen cost me less. Much less.

Also I think Ive seen cheaper brand new V8's somewhere before.

An engine for 7 grand...better be stamped BMW Mpower Made in Germany or something. Otherwise, LOL hard and point fingers

OP
OP
M

MLKESQ

Reaction score
My whole 3rd gen cost me less. Much less.

Also I think Ive seen cheaper brand new V8's somewhere before.

An engine for 7 grand...better be stamped BMW Mpower Made in Germany or something. Otherwise, LOL hard and point fingers

The 7k is with install and while i agree with you on the BMW aspect unfortunately it's the local going rate and doesn't seem far off the national average based on what I've seen. If I had a GM product with a 5.3 for example it's in the neighborhood of 4k installed from these same shops.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Increase your radius maybe? Its a big job, getting it towed somewhere is fairly inexpensive in comparison

OP
OP
M

MLKESQ

Reaction score
If it wasn't 75 to 100 miles to the next community with a competent shop that might be an option and is a good idea. It's operable but I wouldn't want to take it much farther. Took it 3 hours to Denver a couple of weeks ago and worried the whole time ...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it wasn't 75 to 100 miles to the next community with a competent shop that might be an option and is a good idea. It's operable but I wouldn't want to take it much farther. Took it 3 hours to Denver a couple of weeks ago and worried the whole time ...

Call/join AAA
Tow to shop

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
OP, you have given up on your expedition, it's rather obvious if you go back and read your own posts.

Truly I recommend you cut your losses and move on from this experience.

For future purchases as in a replacement to the expy, I STRONGLY recommend that before you buy it, you are to take it to a reputable dealer of that same brand and you have a full pre purchase inspection ($120-$150), then once you know what is what you can make an informed decision and avoid this mishap from happening again.

I wish you nothing but the best.