is this transmission cooler or something else ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

go to ford etis enter your vin number and you can see what all was on the expy when built it will show axel and also will tell if it has heavy duty tow package plus other information

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to ford etis enter your vin number and you can see what all was on the expy when built it will show axel and also will tell if it has heavy duty tow package plus other information

thanks, I will give it a try right now

Primary Features
Build Date: 27.08.2004
Vehicle Line: Expedition (2003-)
Body Style: 4 Door Wagon
Version: Ford Series
Engine: 5.4L 3V V8
Transmission: 4 Spd A/T AODEW/4R75E W/TSS
Drive: LHD RWD
Axle Ratio: 3.31
Emission: With 49 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: HD Manual Air Conditioning
Paint: Charcoal Beige

Outstanding Field Service Actions
07M08 - EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON FUEL INJECTORS

it highlight in red. what that mean ?

Last edited:

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Something else.....

You may not have a towing package at all. Do you have an OE "four-way flat" trailer connector? I believe that you will find that unit in the photo to be in the "something else" department. I just went through this last week on our 05 EB. That cooler in the your photo is not the transmission cooler, at least not on my truck. Maybe engine oil or power steering? The trans cooler is mounted to the right side of center (passenger side) and is seven or eight rows with threaded fitting lines going out of the bottom. The part number on mine is 5L14-7A095-CA. You can see photos of it in my profile/albums. It is part of the standard towing package and I replaced it last week with a Hayden 405 as part of preparations for towing a travel trailer this summer. The Heavy Duty Towing package would have a larger (12 or 14 row?) cooler along with a higher capacity radiator and factory 7-pin harness connector,etc.
If you are planning on pulling any significant load you definitely want to add a trans cooler at the very least. BTW, if you are interested, I will sell you my standard trans cooler for very cheap $. You would likely need to conjure up some fittings to connect it since you do not have one already. I bet the mounting hole are already there, though.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't be easier to follow the lines and see where it goes? Once past the back of the engine I guess it is a no brainer....

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Tow/Haul button...

I had a 2003 Silverado LT 1500HD that we bought new. It was an 8600 GVW and had the "Tow/Haul" feature with a button on the shifter. Using the Tow/Haul not only locked out overdrive but also altered the shifting characteristics of the transmission by holding gears longer under load when accelerating and providing firmer, snappier shifts. I liked the longer, firm shifts so I had the ECU reprogrammed to provide the Tow/Haul shifting without the OD lockout...among other parameters.

Just wanted to point out that the "Tow/Haul" feature on some larger capacity vehicles encompasses more than merely eliminating overdrive like on our Expeditions.

Cheers!

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your Chevy might look pretty but in a everyday muddy place like I work your Chevy might just end up like all the other ones in the junkyard

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may not have a towing package at all. Do you have an OE "four-way flat" trailer connector? I believe that you will find that unit in the photo to be in the "something else" department. I just went through this last week on our 05 EB. That cooler in the your photo is not the transmission cooler, at least not on my truck. Maybe engine oil or power steering? The trans cooler is mounted to the right side of center (passenger side) and is seven or eight rows with threaded fitting lines going out of the bottom. The part number on mine is 5L14-7A095-CA. You can see photos of it in my profile/albums. It is part of the standard towing package and I replaced it last week with a Hayden 405 as part of preparations for towing a travel trailer this summer. The Heavy Duty Towing package would have a larger (12 or 14 row?) cooler along with a higher capacity radiator and factory 7-pin harness connector,etc.
If you are planning on pulling any significant load you definitely want to add a trans cooler at the very least. BTW, if you are interested, I will sell you my standard trans cooler for very cheap $. You would likely need to conjure up some fittings to connect it since you do not have one already. I bet the mounting hole are already there, though.

no thanks I dont want buy anything used, if I do I rather buy something better and new ^^

I look at the line from the cooler, look like it go all the way to the back, I haven follow it to where it exactly go, cause of rains here.

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your Chevy might look pretty but in a everyday muddy place like I work your Chevy might just end up like all the other ones in the junkyard

wait til your expy break down lol, cause we all know its Fix Or Repair Daily :favorites37:. And when its break down, its cost way more to repair then a chevy.

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Uhmm... What?....

""wait til your expy break down lol, cause we all know its Fix Or Repair Daily . And when its break down, its cost way more to repair then a chevy. ""

.....and this has what to do with the original poster's issue?

C'mon guys, this is a forum for sharing our questions and problems and helping fellow members solve theirs. Don't bash me, or anyone for that matter, just because we mention a Chevy or a Dodge, or even an import. This is not a forum to tear each other down and trash someone's stuff. I'm not a Chevy guy, nor a Ford guy (Although I currently own three Fords and a Volvo...).

I am a Truck Guy.

Moderator, can we ask that replies and comments stay topic-related? When a member is reading and searching threads we don't want to spend time sorting through a bunch of "Mine is bigger than yours...." BS. Ask these guys to take playtime to the Lounge section?

Cheers, everyone!

B

bedrck46

Moderator, can we ask that replies and comments stay topic-related? When a member is reading and searching threads we don't want to spend time sorting through a bunch of "Mine is bigger than yours...." BS. Ask these guys to take playtime to the Lounge section?

Cheers, everyone![/QUOTE]

what no sense of humor If you found all of the post on this thread really didn't apply to the problem then CONGRATIONS as it shows you at least read the whole thread and after reading many threads on this forum that is something a lot don't do.