Issue with expedition NEED HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cennijimenez

Reaction score
I have a 2010 expedition with the 5.4. Last week I had an issue with my tps sensor I took it out and cleaned it. After cleaning it my check engine light went off right away, before this I had an issue with every once in a while the engines rpm would drop while idling and lug the motor I thought this would be a tps but now today I was driving it and it's still doing it but it sounds like a deisel engine at low rpm, I revved it up a bit and it went away till the rpm came back down. When it sounds like a deisel the rpm is at normal idling rpm. There is no check engine light on and can't seem to know what it would be. Any feed back would help. also it only had 40 k miles on it so it's out of warranty

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idle air control. 2010, shouldn't it be under warranty? ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cennijimenez

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I thought warranty expired at 36000 and I'm at 40000 miles. What is the idle air control?

Idle air control. 2010, shouldn't it be under warranty? ?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check on the warranty. not sure how they work but they help control it at idle and if they are bad, they can run rough.

OP
OP
C

Cennijimenez

Reaction score
Where is it located? Does anyone know anything about the warranty? Or possibly how it works?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call the local dealer and ask for the warranty dept. Give them the vin and they should tell you everything.

FormerStangFan

Reaction score
The idle air control valve (IAC) is essentially an air bypass valve. At an idle it adjusts the air flow threw the throttle body to maintain the correct engine speed based on data received from various sensors. The iac is located on your throttle body. If you have standard factory warranty and you are over on your mileage the dealer is most likely not going to repair it without charge. An IAC is usually under $100 from an auto parts store and only a couple bolts to replace. The gasket will probably come off very nicely being that you have a 2010 model and it hasn't been set in there for years of use. It's a very straight forward process. Once you locate the IAC, unbolt it from the TB, leaving the wiring harness attached. Have a buddy turn the key to the on position without starting the truck. You should be able to see the valve move up or down. If it doesn't it needs to be replaced. If it does simply clean it with carb cleaner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT