it just went boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a shame we will all miss u hope u come back . Was it the motor that went boom or something elts if it was motor u can put another one in she be like new . If u buy nothing elts u don't no what your getting unles u buy new new.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bah, just a bad bearing (spun main???), that's just a good weekend's work to fix up.

While I have not done it myself on an Expedition, my quickie google search reveals that it should be possible to drop the pan and change them without pulling the engine. I have done it on a number of other vehicles and it's really not that bad of a job.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
That's some serious rod knock!!

Put some 50w oil in there she will be just fine..:uhoh2:

Sorry to hear panda.. but it could be worse. Likely just a bad rod bearing.

You can do as lightning said and just replace rod bearings if crank journal is not damaged. Dropping the oil pan would be the hardest part.

Last edited:

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so sorry to hear, that just sucks, hopefully u get it fixed or get another and come back...

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its rod knock. shes done. not gonna put the money into her. she needs more then just an engine. she has served her purpose for many years. it was time. 190k miles. ill be on for sure. ill be selling some parts. specture CAI, Hypertech Power Programmer III, and maybe the edge if i cant use it in the next truck i get. so someone can get a good deal on that. im just gonna give her to the junk yard. take everything off i want to keep and let her go. shell be pretty much bare bones once i get her stock again.