Jack and Tools What are these and what am I missing? 2013 Expy XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will do, also get yourself one of the "Ford Funnels" as it is needed if you ever want / need to put fuel in your truck using anything other than a gas pump. They are inexpensive insurance.
Yeah; I do have the funnel, like new. It is odd that they gave me what looks like a new RAM1500 jack. Unfortunately it will not securely bolt into the well as the top of the jack is too short and lacks the through hole and the tab to keep from slipping off the frame. I have a replacement on the way, hopefully in good condition. I am going to put together some additional tools to fit into the well. I have a bunch of new tools I have bought to fix stuff for my 01 when on the road and those are being added. Gloves are a good idea as GoJo cleaner tends to dry out. The Fuel pump cutoff switch panel is a very good place to store some oil bottles standing up.

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can Google "jack assembly" for your year. Any number of Ford sites will pop up. Find your OEM part number, then go hunting on the interwebs. That's the process I used for all the jack components soups-to-nuts for my 2003. Don't make this harder than it is. Good luck.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah; I do have the funnel, like new. It is odd that they gave me what looks like a new RAM1500 jack. Unfortunately it will not securely bolt into the well as the top of the jack is too short and lacks the through hole and the tab to keep from slipping off the frame. I have a replacement on the way, hopefully in good condition. I am going to put together some additional tools to fit into the well. I have a bunch of new tools I have bought to fix stuff for my 01 when on the road and those are being added. Gloves are a good idea as GoJo cleaner tends to dry out. The Fuel pump cutoff switch panel is a very good place to store some oil bottles standing up.
Joe Attached are the Jack instructions in .JPG format. PDF looks a lot better but exceeded the limit. If you want it in a single PDF DM me an email address.

Instructions Page 2a.jpg

Instructions Page 1.jpg

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can Google "jack assembly" for your year. Any number of Ford sites will pop up. Find your OEM part number, then go hunting on the interwebs. That's the process I used for all the jack components soups-to-nuts for my 2003. Don't make this harder than it is. Good luck.
If we had a decent wrecking yard here I would be all set. That said I have a jack kit on the way from ebay that has the major pieces.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks again Glenn! You have been a tremendous help. This has been a huge mystery compounded by lack of information and incorrect jack , lug wrench(es) and other parts wrong or missing.

I should be able to have a complete setup when the jack arrives this week. Pretty annoying that the dealer apparently just grabbed some random stuff and threw it in the stowage!

A plus side, I now know where it all goes together now and a bonus, per the instructions, apparently the stowage compartment lid can be used to save my knees from gravel when changing a tire!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks again Glenn! You have been a tremendous help. This has been a huge mystery compounded by lack of information and incorrect jack , lug wrench(es) and other parts wrong or missing.

I should be able to have a complete setup when the jack arrives this week. Pretty annoying that the dealer apparently just grabbed some random stuff and threw it in the stowage!

A plus side, I now know where it all goes together now and a bonus, per the instructions, apparently the stowage compartment lid can be used to save my knees from gravel when changing a tire!
Joe
Happy to help. I'm assuming this is not your first go around with a car dealer, so why would you expect anything else?

FYI, it is too late now but next time you run into something like this and are in need of something "relatively small" try this online car parts source https://www.lkqonline.com/ It appears they are the portal for dozens of parts yards. The last thing I searched resulted in something like 25 wrecked Gen 3 Expeditions, which I'll bet all had their original tire kit in place and shipping would prolly have been reasonable.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have some trim pieces to replace and that will help. I have not dealt with a car dealer since 2010 for my wife's car and that went smoothly as there was warranty. My 2001 I bought in 2003 and likewise that went well. This was as-is deal or I would be back at them for a proper jack kit. It is odd that I have brand new jack and accessories for a RAM1500. My guess is that somewhere on their lot is/was a RAM1500 with my jack kit.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have some trim pieces to replace and that will help. I have not dealt with a car dealer since 2010 for my wife's car and that went smoothly as there was warranty. My 2001 I bought in 2003 and likewise that went well. This was as-is deal or I would be back at them for a proper jack kit. It is odd that I have brand new jack and accessories for a RAM1500. My guess is that somewhere on their lot is/was a RAM1500 with my jack kit.
Well you can sell the brand new Ram stuff on Facebook Marketplace or Flea-bay and get some of your $$$ back from buying the correct stuff.

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
Yeah, I will probably end up getting that as well.
Firstly I would add a 7" or so VISE grips or similar as a handle for raising and lowering the spare, makes it much easier. Then I would honestly skip the plastic piece and the "tool roll", they are basically useless. I tossed those in the corner of the garage and have everything "loose" in that compartment, I say loose in quotes because it's quite packed in there. I've added a block of wood to pound corroded wheels off, a trucker's friend, a breaker bar with a pipe, some extra tire repair bits... I do agree that the Expedition seems to be designed for only people who haul kids around and carry purses or backpacks, not as vehicles to go places with storage for tools.