Just Bought a used Ford Expy Eddie Bauer 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Entity

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just bought a Ford Expy and Im having problems with the keys.
it will start the truck,the remote works fine in opening and shutting the doors but if i insert the key the door lock wont open or close.

secondly none of the charger ports have power in them.any helpful suggestions would be welcome.Thanks!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the door lock has been changed is my opinion for the key. as for the charger ports, check the fuses.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds as if the ignition might have been re-keyed and they didn't do the door lock to match.
As far as the charger ports, you're best bet is to look at the fuse for them. The specific one to look at will be in your owners manual. If that doesn't work, maybe it is unplugged under the console.

OP
OP
E

Entity

Reaction score
Thank you to each one for the help.
can the keys be reprogrammed for the door ? like its reprogrammed/relearned for ignition ?
I tried scanning with an OBD II actron and there is no voltage/no reading.
looks like the 12v charger ports are connected to the Scanner port fuse.
have to check the fuse .Hope the dealer did not short it to hide issues from me.the truck runs smooth with no check engine lights though!
Any insights ?thanks again!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont reprogram keys for the door. the lock for the ignition is actually keyed differently than the doors. a local locksmith(not pop-a-lock) might be able to change the pins in eithe to make one key work for both.

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like everybody already answered your question so I'm just gonna say welcome to the forum. You are I think the only other '06 owner I've seen so far.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50