just HOW illegal is it to have police lights installed on your truck?? (hehe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dam that v10 purrs nicely. thats cool. maybe i should move to alaska to "help you out" in the winter. haha plow some snow and get paid. haha

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be pretty cool, but its highly illegal. I have gotten pulled over several times because of my blue interior lights under my seats. Didnt realize they were that bright. But i mean you couldn't really even use them sitting in a parking lot.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah my cousin got pulled over for neons under his dash and seat. let him go if he promised to take them out. he never did. driving around the desert no problems but on the street he turned them off. thats why im going to get red. haha

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the LED"s on my Exhibition. The grille has 2 Whelen Ions's, and a dual Talon in the windshield (clear and red - clear only seen in pc).

The rear has a red and clear LIN 3 on each side of the lic plate, and an 8 head Whelen Dominator in the back window.

The cage is not a prisoner transport, it's a dog barrier for my dogs.

Marc

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the LED"s on my Exhibition. The grille has 2 Whelen Ions's, and a dual Talon in the windshield (clear and red - clear only seen in pc).

The rear has a red and clear LIN 3 on each side of the lic plate, and an 8 head Whelen Dominator in the back window.

The cage is not a prisoner transport, it's a dog barrier for my dogs.

Marc

Assuming from your name you're a fire fighter then? Guess you can get away with it lol.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah. volunteer fire fighter if i remember right? posted it earlier or on the old site. dont remember.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call/volunteer firefighter, and my wife also volunteers on the local ambulance squad. The red light permit (issued by State of Vermont DMV) was issued through the ambulance squad, but covers my responses for the fire department also. (Only one permit/vehicle.)

What you can't see is the 100 watt siren hidden in the console. I can activate the siren by using the horn switch on the steering wheel.

Marc

00 Expy Police

Reaction score
I would say its a call for trouble,,here in Michigan i get in trouble using the spotlight on my crown vic (ex police car),when someone has their highs on,i hit the light to tell em their highs are on and few times got pulled over cause the oncoming car was a sheriff or trooper lol :shrug:

Starman

Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple months old, but wanted to give my .02...

Having the blue LED on the dash is not illegal in Florida if it appears clear when off. If you turn it on, your toast. If you happen to get stopped for something minor, seatbelt, speeding, dark tint, whatever, you are gonna get grilled as to why you have them (and you can't possibly have an justifiable reason). And then they will take pictures of you and your ride, and make you the product of an Intell Bulletin,and a HOT FILE will be placed on your ride and you, and every cop in Pinellas County will not show any mercy (warnings) for anything else they find. It is a non-moving violation 116 bux. But you will probably get tagged with impersonating a law enforcement officer, thats a first degree FELONY.

Unless you've been in a cave, there have been countless LEO impersonators arrested in the last few years in the Tampa area. Most of them don't drive the old retired cop cars either, The last one i remember was driving a Camry.
So, you gotta ask yourself a question, "Do I feel Lucky?" and "Is it worth it?"
I know their cool, but stay away from red and blue.

The blue LED washer squiter things on your hood, those are illegal too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger