Just Painted My Lower Valance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to show some pics of my freshly painted lower valance. Very simple and easy way to give your expy a face lift.

lowervalance.jpg

OP
OP
S

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Remo, I first prep it by taping off the fog lights, chrome bumper, tow hooks, and anything else you dont want to get paint on and removed the license plate bracket. I then primed it with 3 coats of white krylon plastic primer. I ordered some factory matched spray paint from automotivetouchup.com for about $25 and sprayed it with that after the primer had dried. After about 3-4 coats I sprayed it with a can of clear coat spray paint. Another very easy and inexpensive job!! The primer and clear coat was only $4.99 each and you only need one can. The most expensive thing was the factory matched paint, but you may be able to find some spray paint at your local auto parts store that closely matches your wedgewood if you dont want to pay the $25 for the factory matched spray paint.

Last edited:

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a face lift, looks ten times better, I need to think about doing that to mine when I have some free time.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered my stuff to do this for my valance. Should have it by the end of the week. Hopefully will have pics up by the weekend before I go on vacation.

djljr

Reaction score
Preston,
Do you know if the exterior paint code applies to the sheet metal as well as the bumper valances and the ABS rocker panels or are the codes for metal and plastic different?

OP
OP
S

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by djljr
Preston,
Do you know if the exterior paint code applies to the sheet metal as well as the bumper valances and the ABS rocker panels or are the codes for metal and plastic different?

I think the paint codes are the same. I only found one exterior paint code on the door jam so im guessing they are the same. But if you had a Eddie Bauer it would probably have two different codes for the body paint and another one for the trim pieces if the trim is a different color than the body. But if your valance and rocker panels are the same color as the rest of your truck then the paint codes will be the same. They also have a sample color of the paint codes on their website so if you have multipul codes you can look for each code and figure out which one applies according to the color samples. Hope this helps.

Last edited: