Just spent $4,000 on a new audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the tint brand is Insulatir.
Here are some pics.. the one pic is of the windsheild where you can see the difference between the untinted part, the gap will be covered by the rearview mirror. The windsheild has 70%, front windows 30%, and everything else 5%.
Pics are from camera phone so not the best quality.

Attachments

• windshield.JPG
    windshield.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 112
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 134
  • side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 130
  • door2.JPG
    door2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 113
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 116

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the tint brand is Insulatir.
Here are some pics.. the one pic is of the windsheild where you can see the difference between the untinted part, the gap will be covered by the rearview mirror. The windsheild has 70%, front windows 30%, and everything else 5%.
Pics are from camera phone so not the best quality.

Nice, I like the idea of the stopping of heat lol. How much did that run you?

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, I like the idea of the stopping of heat lol. How much did that run you?

It's suppose to stop 85% of IR waves(heat causing waves) and 99% of UV. Obviously this guy overcharges so you can probably find a better deal, but he wanted $100 to remove the old tint and then $600 to do all the windows (windsheild, front, and all back). Like I said though I got it for half price at $300 because I just spent so much on the audio equipment. The tint has a lifetime warranty against bubbling and purpling.

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope that Pioneer amp is in a good spot, they're prone to overheating. Sounds like a sick audio upgrade. It's worth it to go for crisp sound rather than just shove a $200 sub in there and ruin a 4k system. Still working on mine, and having real problems getting the low frequency bass to show up...I get the mid and high,...oh well.

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's suppose to stop 85% of IR waves(heat causing waves) and 99% of UV. Obviously this guy overcharges so you can probably find a better deal, but he wanted $100 to remove the old tint and then $600 to do all the windows (windsheild, front, and all back). Like I said though I got it for half price at $300 because I just spent so much on the audio equipment. The tint has a lifetime warranty against bubbling and purpling.

Wow, pricey tint lol. To do all of my windows was $240, but it's just normal tint lol.

I hope that Pioneer amp is in a good spot, they're prone to overheating. Sounds like a sick audio upgrade. It's worth it to go for crisp sound rather than just shove a $200 sub in there and ruin a 4k system. Still working on mine, and having real problems getting the low frequency bass to show up...I get the mid and high,...oh well.

I know of great subs for $200 and under ;) lol. If you stay away from the mainstream stuff, you get a much better product for less. For all of the mainstream, all your paying for is a name that everyone knows. I used to run 4 13w7's on 4 Slash 1000/1v2's. They sounded decent, and got a lil loud. But just one of the subs I'm running now has much more output than all 4 of the JL's. Now one could argue that the JL's aren't spl subs, and I agree, they're not at all. The w7's are more of a medium duty sq sub. So comparing their output to my DP's isn't really fair. But my DP's sound better too imo lol.

Also, what exactly is the problem with your substage? What gear are you running, what are the specs on the box, and what are the settings? Maybe I'll be able to help you out a lil with the problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My amp seems to be doing fine on heat... I had the volume at max for about 10 minutes and it was warm but not hot. If I ever do blow the amp for some reason I have a 3 year warranty on parts and labor.

RMZ.. you might able to get the tint done for cheaper then what I was quoted because this guy seems to overcharge on everything. If I decide to install a Sub I'm definitely not going back there.

I've been enjoying the light burning smell of breaking the speakers in.. supposedly they sound better the more you play them.

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My amp seems to be doing fine on heat... I had the volume at max for about 10 minutes and it was warm but not hot. If I ever do blow the amp for some reason I have a 3 year warranty on parts and labor.

RMZ.. you might able to get the tint done for cheaper then what I was quoted because this guy seems to overcharge on everything. If I decide to install a Sub I'm definitely not going back there.

I've been enjoying the light burning smell of breaking the speakers in.. supposedly they sound better the more you play them.

Is the smell a burning smell, or does it kinda smell like a hot glue or epoxy?

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope it's just the speaker glue, it's just a hot smell not a smokey smell and it's coming directly from the speakers... it's not in the amp area at all.

Does it seem to be an overpowering smell, or relatively faint? What are your amp settings at? If the amp is clipping there will be a burning smell coming from the speakers because the coil is being burned.

It could just be the glue breaking in though. After playing it for a while, touch near the center of the cones. If they're just warm, then they are probably fine, and it's just breaking in. If it seems hot, there could be a clipping or overpowering problem.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a somewhat faint smell and it's not a bad smell that would make me want to roll a window down. It also only happens when the volume is close to max. Do you have to take the whole door panel off to access the cones? If the amp was clipping I would hear it in the music right? I only drive once every couple weeks during the summer so I don't get much of chance to test things out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev