Key stuck in ignition??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Drove my car to run kids to school then errands today without any problems, then when I made my final school run and took other kids home I noticed it was kinda weird shifting from Park to Drive. When I got home, I put the car in Park and turned it off, but couldn't get the keys out of the ignition!

I can switch gears (move from Park to Drive, etc.), but it feels off going into Drive and is downright difficult to put into 3, 2, or 1. I locked the car from the keypad and my husband just took it for a drive. He didn't find anything out of the ordinary, but when we got back home he couldn't remove the keys or turn them all of the way back to remove the key. And it was nearly impossible to put the car into a lower gear.

Anyone else have this problem? It's a 2013 Expy XLT with 31,440 miles on it (got it last March with 7,700 miles...tote kids much??).

Thanks!
Holly

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Its still under the bumper to bumper warranty take it to the dealer

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
good, you might not want to try to force the key now to remove it as you might not get it back in to restart in the morning, is it in the garage

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Can't park in the garage, so we took everything else off the key ring and locked it from the keypad. Dropped it off at the dealership this morning and also having them check out:

-horrible phone reception since I got my iPhone 6 - everyone tells me it sounds like I'm standing in a wind storm

-side panel on the driver's seat which has popped off and is hanging by whatever keeps it attached at the front

Thankfully it isn't my week for carpool, and I'm heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend, so I won't need my car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition