KR 3rd seat does not have fold buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did your vehicle already have the power fold harness? I open my right rear panel and do not see any. I am wondering if I can get the harness and connect to some wire to get power to connect to the switches and motors.

Yes I have power third row, I have a 2003 EB that came with "Everything" but the sunroof and navigation system. I have a Garmin GPS and DeLorme Road Warrior for my laptop so I didn't need to waste Two Grand on a navigation system by Ford.

Let us go back to your third row:
1) You have the split seats in the third row position, Correct?
2) I believe you said that you see the drive motors, Correct?
3) Is there any wiring on these drive motors with harness connectors?
4) If yes, are they connected to a harness or do you see connectors not connected under the carpet?
5) If your vehicle didn't come with power third row seats, it is unlikely that there is a harness for them under the passenger side rear side panel, but it doesn't hurt to search and look under carpet, padding, etc to see if its buried back there. There would not be switch, it would just be a wiring harness with a connector that a 'Switch' would plug into.
6) What I was saying in my "go to the junkyard post" was, find out everything you don't have to control and power the seats, then take a trip to the junkyard!

7) And lastly, unless I am looking at the wrong fuse box skimoe, you have both F104 and F117. My skimoe shows F117 is the 30 amp that is the 7th from the left on the bottom row (second from right, your first slot is empty).

partspro

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing power 3rd row seats in a 2003 EB Expedition that didn't come with them from the factory... I can answer some questions and also have some....
I went to the Salvage Yard and got the seats, RH trim panel with switches and wiring harness...
The harness was a plug-in and all the parts were bolt-in, BUT I'm having a problem with the tan wire from the VSM, not sure if the VSM will support the power 3rd seat without being reprogramed...
I have power at all the right spots on the relays but they will not trip unless I ground the tan wire that comes from the VSM and then the seats work great...
Not sure what trips that ground tan wire in the VSM, maybe it could be hooked to another source....
Any ideas?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire