KYB quick struts or individual with new mounts?

Quick struts or individual?

• Quick struts

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Individual with mounts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banana

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Replace with Bilsteins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace my Bilstein 4600s with KYBs since the Bilsteins have 120k and are starting to make clunking noises. Weighing two options: KYB quick struts or buying the struts and mounts and reusing the factory springs. Quick struts would be easier but come to $712 on Rock Auto. Individual struts and mounts run $500 but I need to mess with a spring compressor.

Updated to add the option of replacing with Bilstein 4600s again.

Thoughts please before I order them.

Last edited:

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd say it's really a matter of how much your time is worth to ya and how critical the total price is. If you need the $200 then the choice is clear. Otherwise loaded struts sure make it quick and easy as well as safer since some spring compressors can be dangerous. The KYB Strut-Plus units I've used on our Monte Carlo's have been very good as have the KYB shocks on my son's Ranger.

I swapped my 2004's air suspension for the Rancho QuickLift Struts, because I really like the adjustable 9000 series from Rancho and there was basically no lift.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, never used Quick struts on any vehicle. Just buy replacement Bilsteins and call it a day. You should be able to reused te strut mounts from the old struts and just use a spring compressor.

My son and I used this to change the struts on my 2010 Ford Expedition.

1702860806840.png