Leaking coolant but not sure from where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwhst9

Reaction score
2005 Expedition 5.4L:

I see a small spot of coolant (it's green) under the front passenger side of the engine on the garage floor. Looks like it's dripping from a stud sticking out of the bottom of the A/C compressor which makes no sense to me. Looking down from the top of the engine, I don't see anything leaking or wet where the thermostat housing is.

I ran the engine and let it get up to normal operating temperature and watched underneath and didn't see any leaking, but it will be there when I go out in the morning.

Any ideas :( ?

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
being a 2005 your coolant should be yellow im almost positive how ever the oil used in most a/c systems is green some is blue and since it is dripping from around a/c unit that may be what it is

OP
OP
D

dwhst9

Reaction score
being a 2005 your coolant should be yellow im almost positive how ever the oil used in most a/c systems is green some is blue and since it is dripping from around a/c unit that may be what it is

Aha! That makes sense being that I looked in the overflow tank and the coolant was yellow LOL...complete brain fart there.

Thanks!